As my third week interning at Blizzard comes to an early holiday weekend close I realize I only have 6 weeks remaining! Time is flying, but I couldn’t be happier with the team, the culture, and work. It is such a refreshing change to have everything I’ve wanted in a job: a mentor, a positive work environment and culture, mobility, and compelling projects and products. I’m pretty much on cloud 9.
I have a few goals this summer:
- Manage and coordinate the deployment of a seasonal OW event page.
- Architect a searchable database for past study data and findings in Confluence while linking action items to Jira. Create templates, help documents, and teach the team how to use and maintain it.
- Use my shiny new search tool and DB to make meaningful connections for product moving forward.
- Work with UX research team to learn the process for studies and some data analytics.
- Present my summer project information to my team, fellow interns, and colleagues.
I’m so happy so far because I’m ahead of schedule for my PM deployment project, and I’ve got an approved architecture for the study database and I’ve already moved more than half of it over! The rest is just polish, standardizing data entries, and adding more small improvements for user experience!
Interning remotely certainly has its challenges, and I hope to continue to make meaningful connections with my teammates for the remainder of the program. Although it certainly isn’t the same as being there in person, I think everyone is doing a pretty good job considering the circumstances. Next week is a performance review; it feels like I just got here!